The dispatch click
The “Dispatch click” function will allow you to trigger a remote button with another button.
Very convenient for dual menu navigations, with this function you will save a lot of time!
First step: Example & interest
In this example (see video) we have a menu at the top, with three parts. We see that the “part 02” button triggers actions that allow us to slide from one photo to another. We also have on the first picture a “next” button that triggers the same actions as the “part 02” button.
So instead of configuring twice the actions (on “part 02” and on “next”) we will, thanks to the dispatch click, ensure that the “next” button triggers those of “part 02”.
- To simplify, we have a button with actions,
- which can be triggered by the “next” button.
Set up dispatch click
- After setting the actions of the “part 02” button, I select the “next” button. I define the type of interaction that I want (overview, click, or rollout). In this present case we want the click action.
- In the part “apply” in my action window, I choose the button “part02” (1): it is the one that is already programmed with actions.
- In “settings” I choose “click trigger” since it is this action that interests me, but I could also have chosen a rollover or a rollout trigger.
- I validate. Voila, my “dispatch-click” is ready.